- Amnesty International,‘USA: Justice Delayed and Justice Denied? Trials Under the Military Commissions Act’
- ‘The Istanbul Statement on the Use and Effects of Solitary Confinement’. Adopted 9th December, 2007 at the International Psychological Trauma Symposium
- Human Rights First & Physicians for Human Rights, ‘Leave no Marks: Enhanced Interrogation Techniques and the Risk of Criminality’, August 2007
- ‘Advice: In the Matter of the Legality of the Charge Against David Hicks’, 8th March, 2007.
- Australian Lawyers Alliance, ‘An Analysis of the United States Military Commissions: An Unjust System’, 1st March, 2007
- Peter Vickery ‘David Hicks and Retrospective Criminal Laws’, February, 2007.
2006 and earlier
- The Hon. Alistair Nicholson QC, Peter Vickery QC, Hilary Charlesworth, Andrew Byrnes, Gavan Griffith, Tim McCormack, ‘David Hicks – Military Commissions Act 2006 – Compliance with Common Article 3 of the Geneva Conventions, the Hamdan Decision and Australian Law’.
- Centre for Constitutional Rights (CCR), ‘Torture and Cruel, Inhuman and Degrading Treatment of Prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba’ July, 2006
- The Detainee Abuse Accountability Project, ‘By the Numbers: Findings of the Detainee Abuse Accountability Project’, April, 2006 (vol 18:2(G)).
- UN Commission on Human Rights, ‘Situation of Detainees at Guantanamo Bay’, 62nd Session, 27th February, 2006.
- The Schmidt Report, ‘Investigation into FBI Allegations of Detainee Abuse at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba Detention Facility’, 1 Apr 05 (Amended 9 Jun 05).
- The Kiley Report, Kevin C. Kiley, ‘Assessment of Detainee Medical Operations for OEF, GTMO, and OIF’, Office of the Surgeon General Army, 13th April, 2005.
- CIA Inspector General’s Report, 2004 (redacted version released August 2009).
- The Taguba report, ‘Article 15-6 Investigation of the 800th Military Police Brigade’, 2004 (Only redacted version available)