Australia violated David Hicks rights, Sky News
David Hicks found innocent, Sydney Morning Herald
How Torture Techniques Work, News.com.au (cites our research)
David Hicks a step closer to clearing his name, Sydney Morning Herald, Natalie O’Brien.
2012 (10 Year Anniversary of Guantanamo)
- Jeffery Kaye, New Revelations Suggest DoD Cover-Up Over Detainee Drugging Charges, Truthout
- Natalie O’Brien, US Use of Truth Drug Revealed, Sydney Morning Herald
- Natalie O’Brien, Medic Speaks Out on Hick’s Doping, Sydney Morning Herald
- Natalie O’Brien, Witnesses Back Hicks on Chemical Torture, Sydney Morning Herald
- The Eternal Prisoners of Guantanamo- Moving Photos of former prisoners
- Stern Magazine, Guantanamo (Article in German but great pictures) (English translation)- David Hicks was interviewed for this article
- Lakhdar Boumediene, My Guantanamo Nightmare, New York Times
- Murat Kurnaz, Notes from a Guantanamo Survivor, New York Times
- Saber Lahmar, Guantanamo ex-prisoner Reveals Torture, Press TV
- Senator Penny Wright, Guantanamo 10 years on, The Drum
- Moazzam Begg, Ex-Detainee Recalls Detention Ordeal, The Press Association
- Jason Leopold, “It was a sunny day”, Truthout
- Elizabeth O’Shea, The Lingering Stain of Guantanamo, The Age
- Arab families of Guantanamo detainees tired of waiting – Ten years in jail without trial, Arab Times
- Ten Years of Guantanamo: What Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld Knew, Jason Leopold, Truthout
- Howard ‘called in US favour’ to charge Hicks by Natalie O’Brien, 21st August 2011.
- The letter that never arrived by Natalie O’Brien, 21st August 2011.
- Judge Freezes Hicks Profits, The Age, 4th August 2011.
- Former Guantanamo Chief Prosecutor: David Hicks’ War Crimes Charge Was a “Favor” for Australia, Jason Leopold, 25th July 2011.
- PM’s Hard Line On Hicks, SMH, 19th June 2011.
- David Hicks speaks at the Sydney Writers Festival, 22nd May 2011 – Download the podcast here
- We Stood up for David Hicks Because Australia Failed to When it Mattered – Mary Kostakidis
- Miranda Pretends She Doesnt Know Why Anyone Would Support David Hicks – Jeremy Sear
- Jason Leopold speaks about his interview with David Hicks
- David’s first interview, 2011
- Controversial Drug Given to all Guantanamo Detainees Akin to “Pharmacologic Waterboarding” – Jeffrey Kaye and Jason Leopold
- Dr Ben Saul, Confiscate Howard’s Literary Proceeds of Crime
- Means and Ends: Newly Published Notes of Bruce Jesson Reveal real Purpose of Bush’s Torture Program
- Filling in the Gaping Holes in Wikileaks’ Guantanamo Detainee Files – Truthout
- Ex-Guantanamo Detainee Fights Back Against Gitmo Lies in New Wikileaks Release
- Responding to the Critics- David Hicks responds to Criticisms of his book, Guantanamo: My Journey on Crikey.com
- David Hicks, Pressure to Plead Guilty- Article for Amnesty International’s Human Rights Defender
- Scott Horton, The Guantanamo ‘Suicides’: A Camp Delta Sergeant Blows the whistle, Harpers Magazine, January/February 2010.
- Andy Worthington, Murders at Guantanamo: Exposing the Truth about the 2006 ‘Suicides’, The Public Record, 18th January, 2010.
- Kellie Tranter, David Hicks’ Journey
- Hicks should never have been charged: former US prosecutor, ABC News, 29th April, 2008.
- Bounties Paid for Terror Suspects – Amnesty International
- Scott Horton, At Gitmo, No Room for Justice. Harpers Magazine, October 22, 2007.
- Army Major General Anonio M. Taguba, interview with Seymour Hersh, The General’s Report: How Antonio Taguba, who investigated the Abu Ghraib scandal, became one of its casualties.
- David Hicks Silenced as Price for His Freedom
- JAMA and Archives Journals, Psychological And Physical Torture Have Similar Mental Effects, ScienceDaily, 6th March 2007.
- Australian Lawyers Alliance, An Analysis of the United States Military Commissions: An Unjust System, 1st March, 2007
2006 and earlier
- Martin Scheinin, UN Expert on Human Rights and Counter Terrorism Concerned that Military Commissions Act is now Law in United States, UNHCR Press Release, 27th October, 2006.
- Law Council of Australia, ‘The Australian Government’s Position on David Hicks’, 7th December, 2006.
- Poll finds Most Australian’s Want Hicks Home, ABC News, 14th December, 2006.
- The Punishment of David Hicks: The Outcast of Camp Echo, Alfred McCoy, 2006
- Hicks ‘Severely Damaged’ says CIA expert
- Lawyers Urged to Speak out Against Hicks’ Treatment, 18th July, 2006.
- Ruddock dismisses criticism of Govt handling of Hicks, ABC News, 3rd July, 2006.
- Neil A. Lewis,Red Cross Finds Detainee Abuse in Guantanamo, The New York Times, 30th November, 2005.
- Leaked emails Claim Guantanamo Trials Rigged, 1st August, 2005.
- Sgt. Erik Saar interview with Rebecca Leung, Torture Cover-Up at Gitmo?, 60 Minutes (America), 1st May, 2005.
- Tom Allard, Defence Force lawyer lashes Hicks court, 2nd August, 2002.